Saturday, June 5, 2010

With the wind in my hair...

Day 4, and I am doing really well!  I'm not exceeding my points and I'm even managing to ration out my points so I can have a treat (my Dr. Pepper, man do I love that stuff!). I allow myself to have one can of Dr. Pepper after I come home from work (since I'm on my feet for at least 8 hours at the hospital, I don't feel bad about having it!). I even managed to pass up Fannie Mae Meltaways yesterday!  Once I learned they were 5 points for 5 pieces, and if I had it I would have to forgo my D.P. at home, I had no problems closing the box (after a long sniff... oh lordy they smell good!) and happily eating my yogurt!  :)  It's the little accomplishments that really keep me going!

This morning I had a lot on my mind, and I was just going in circles in my head and I could hear the whole box of cookies calling my name! I decided to take a walk and drop off rent and go for a run on the treadmill (since the gym is in the apartment leasing office). Then I remembered that my amazing fiance bought me a brand new mountain bike about 6 weeks ago and I have only ridden it once! After taking a few minutes to figure out how to reattach the quick release front tire, I hopped on and dropped off my rent and went for a 40 min ride. My mind started to focus only on making it to the crest of the next hill instead of the thoughts that were running rampant in there just 20 minutes earlier! My mantra became "skinny bride, skinny bride" etc... every time I was running out of steam.

I just got home, and feel great!  Granted, my leg muscles are twitching, but I've got the energy now to clean the house and take care of some other tasks that I didn't think I would have time for today!

And the best part is, the cookies are once again silent.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting your journey and new lifestyle! Sounds like you are on the right track with great motivation to stay away from bad food--although very yummy--and to work out.

    Keep up the great work--you will make a beautiful bride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Siobhan, I am so proud of you! You have also given me the inspiration to do something about my weight. Love you. XO XO

    ReplyDelete