Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Change in My Demeanor

I woke up this morning and realized that my thighs are still tight and my hamstrings are still very sore from the run the other day. I made my coffee and hobbled around the apartment resembling Quasimodo.

I thought, "well, I am in a fair amount of pain, and I'm supposed to work anyway tonight, so I guess as long as they don't call me and tell me not to come in, then I can skip the run today."

Then the phone rang.

Crap.

I don't have to go into work.  

Double crap!

Now I have to go for a run.

A few weeks ago (ok, to be honest, just last week), I would have just told myself to give one more day to rest the muscles and then I'd go again tomorrow, or if not tomorrow, at least the next day I had off work. Today, I changed my behavior. Much to my chagrin, I went on the Dreadmill and did workout #2.

I'm pleased with myself. I still hurt though. Aaaah... The joy that is ibuprofen.

No comments:

Post a Comment