Sunday, July 25, 2010

A River of Tears

After my last post, I hopped in my car and excitedly drove to weigh in. I knew I had lost weight, I could just feel it, and I was really happy.

Little did I know what the scale would show.

When I stood on the scale, and saw the numbers, I started crying. The WW lady came around and hugged me, because I was crying so hard.

Here's why I was crying:

1. July 23, 2010 - start week 8
2. -2.6 pounds this week
3. 11.2 pounds lost total
4. Current weight:  179.6

Not only did I lose weight, but I hit my first target; 5% loss! My 5% target was 10 lbs, so not only did I achieve it, but I blew past it! I haven't seen the 170's in about a year and a half. And in 7 weeks, I'm back there! If I can keep this up, I might make my 10% target (19 lbs) by the end of August, and I can hit my ultimate goal by the end of the year!

I cried almost the entire way home because of how happy I was to see that number, but also how proud I am for sticking to this. I am finally saying goodbye to the Fat Girl, the one in my head and the one in the mirror.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome--I'm so proud of you!! Keep up the great work it all pays off in the end :)

    ReplyDelete