Monday, July 12, 2010

Belated Update...

Sorry about the lateness of my posting, but there has been a death in my family this past weekend, so I've been a bit preoccupied...

For the last couple weeks, I haven't been writing down everything I'm eating. In fact, I'm not writing down anything at all. *hangs head in shame*  But I am keeping track mentally of what I'm eating, and I think making decent choices (hey, I only ate some of the french fries!). Alas, I need to get back to journaling because it really was helping me. I'm starting to find myself rewarding good food/exercise choices with junk food. Not good. I must stop.

Work has been my saving grace (sort of). I haven't been exercising like I was 2 weeks ago, but I'm still on my feet running around for 8-10 hours 4 days a week, so that's better than nothing. But still, if I were at the gym on just those other 3 days a week, that would be better. I am starting to feel guilty about not going to the gym, or even out for a walk. Especially because we've picked a date for the 5k and I've got to get in shape!  I would love to be able to run the whole thing, but I'm being realistic and just don't want to walk the whole thing.

And it's been difficult because I haven't been able to get to the store yet (combination of time constraints and lack of funds), so I'm just kind of eating what we've got. I am noticing that I'm getting fuller A LOT faster, and have no problems with keeping my portions small.  The biggest challenge has been eating lunch at work. I've been going to the cafeteria, and it's hard to make good decisions when you can smell the griddle and deep fryer. I've started going to the other cafe instead, which has none of those things, and a lot more salad choices.

So, with that said, we are off the the grocery store (FINALLY!) and here are last week's numbers:

1. July 9, 2010 - start week 6
2. 1.4 pound lost this week
3. 8.8 pounds lost total!
4. Current weight:  182.0!
*hoping to hit the 10lb mark this week!!!

Bonus this week: I went back to Old Navy, and I fit into a size 14 in 3 different styles of pants! I've lost 1.5 inches off my waist and a total of 3.25 inches overall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment